Tech Trek at SWOSU strives to identify up to forty-five outstanding girls across the state of Oklahoma who are interested in STEM. The following process will be used to help us find such young women who may not otherwise have this unique learning opportunity:
- Girls currently in the 7th grade are nominated by their Middle School Teachers, Counselors and Principals – Deadline: end of January
- Nominated girls then receive and fill out a camper application – Deadline: second week of February
- Girls who apply are interviewed by AAUW members to get to know them better – Conducted in March
- Up to forty-five campers are chosen and notified by March 31
- Girls send in $50 non-refundable reservation fee and complete camp paperwork – Deadline: early May
- Girls attend the Tech Trek at SWOSU camp, with no additional costs, for one full week in June or July – July 16-22, 2017
Tech Trek at SWOSU camp prefers Oklahoma counties in PINK. Tech Trek at Tulsa prefers the following counties in GOLD: Adair, Cherokee, Craig, Creek, Delaware, Mayes, Nowata, Okmulgee, Osage, Ottawa, Pawnee, Rogers, Tulsa, Wagoner, and Washington. For questions, contact email@example.com or see the Tech Trek at Tulsa page (http://techtrek-tulsa.aauw.net/).